Vegan Cheese & Crackers
- 2 cups cashews, soaked overnight in water, then drained well
- 1 teaspoon pink himalayan salt
- 4 probiotic tablets
- 1 teaspoon water if required
- 1 pack of ORGRAN Wafer Crackers
*The recipe above is for two cheeses to help with blending. If you use less ingredients, you will have difficulty blending. So two cheeses is always better than one! For three cheeses for this picture, I used 3 cups of cashews, and 6 probiotic tablets.
- Line two small ramekins with a square of non stick baking paper. Leaving enough to overhang.
- Place half the cheese mix in each ramekin, pressing down until filled.
- Fold the extra baking paper over the top of the cheese until covered.
- Place ramekins in a dark, warm place for 2 days to ferment.
- After two days, place the cheeses in the fridge for another 1-2 days or more to chill and harden further.
- They can be eaten immediately, but do improve further if you leave them the extra few days.
- Enjoy your cheeses as normal.
- For flavoured cheeses, prepare cheese as normal, but layer the bottom middle and top layer with your flavourings when placing in the ramekin. 1-2 Tablespoons should do the trick!