Gluten Free Pasta Salad
Many people are allergic or sensitive to gluten. If you are one of them you don’t need to deprive yourself of the foods you love. Here’s a recipe for Broccoli pasta salad with an olive and tomato dressing that’s entirely gluten free. The pasta is made from gluten free grains and quinoa.
½ Packet Orgran Multigrain Quinoa Penne Pasta
1 Small head broccoli – cut into florets
200g Diced bacon (optional)
100g Feta cheese (optional)
1 Handful fresh basil leaves
200g Cherry tomatoes
6 Whole cloves garlic
1 tbsp Olive oil
100g Pitted olives
1 tbsp Lemon juice
2 tsp Dijon mustard
Salt & pepper to taste
Method to make the dressing:
- Roast tomatoes, garlic, olives in olive oil at 180’c for 30 – 40 minutes until garlic cloves are soft and squishy.
- Cool down slightly and then blend together with dijon mustard, lemon juice, salt & pepper until well combined.
- You could simply do this by squashing the roasted tomatoes and garlic with a fork and then mixing in the rest of the ingredients.
Method to make the pasta salad:
- Cook the orgran pasta according to packet instructions.
- Steam the broccoli florets until just al dente.
- Cook the bacon bits until crispy.
- Combine all of the above with the tomato & garlic dressing and sprinkle with crumbled feta cheese and torn fresh basil leaves.