Gluten Free Pasta Salad
- ½ Packet Orgran Multigrain Quinoa Penne Pasta
- 1 Small head broccoli – cut into florets
- 200g Diced bacon (optional)
- 100g Feta cheese (optional)
- 1 Handful fresh basil leaves
- 200g Cherry tomatoes
- 6 Whole cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 100g Pitted olives
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- Salt & pepper to taste
Method to make the dressing
- Roast tomatoes, garlic, olives in olive oil at 180’c for 30 – 40 minutes until garlic cloves are soft and squishy.
- Cool down slightly and then blend together with dijon mustard, lemon juice, salt & pepper until well combined.
- You could simply do this by squashing the roasted tomatoes and garlic with a fork and then mixing in the rest of the ingredients.
Method to make the pasta salad
- Cook the orgran pasta according to packet instructions.
- Steam the broccoli florets until just al dente.
- Cook the bacon bits until crispy.
- Combine all of the above with the tomato & garlic dressing and sprinkle with crumbled feta cheese and torn fresh basil leaves.