Vegan Cauliflower Steaks with Mushroom Gravy
- 30 grams ORGRAN Vegetable Gravy Mix (mixed with 350ml cold water)
- 1 cauliflower, washed, cut into 4cm thick slices
- 150 grams oyster mushrooms, sliced
- 150 grams button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 cup parsley fresh, finely chopped
- Sea salt & pepper
- Olive oil
- Preheat oven to 180C fan forced and arrange large tray with baking paper.
- Place cauliflower steaks onto tray and drizzle with olive oil on both sides. Sprinkle with sea salt, pepper and thyme leaves.
- Place in oven for 15 mins, flip over and remake for a further 15 mins.
- In the meantime prepare the mushroom gravy. Add the sliced mushrooms to a wide pan with a drizzle of olive oil and sauté whilst stirring continuously for 2 mins.
- Turn off heat and set aside.
- Now cook the vegetable gravy. In a saucepan add the gravy mix with cold water and using a whisk continuously stir until brings to boil and has just begun to thicken.
- Take off heat and add to mushrooms.
- Combine well.
- Serve cauliflower steaks immediately topped with the hot mushroom gravy sauce, a fresh sprinkling of ground pepper and fresh parsley leaves and a side green salad.