Tomato and Onion Galette
- 3 roma tomatoes, sliced
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 6 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- sea salt (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
- Combine all dry dough ingredients in a wide bowl. Combine all wet ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Combine the two and gently knead together. Wrap in cling wrap and place into fridge for 20 mins.
- Prepare all the galette toppings and set aside.
- Roll the dough out between 2 pieces of baking paper with a rolling pin and place it back into the fridge for 20 mins (keep it between the baking paper).
- Preheat the oven to 190°C fan forced.
- Using a kitchen brush, spread a thin layer of olive oil over the galette, then sprinkle the oregano over the olive oil base leaving about 3cm of space around the edge.
- Top with the slices of onion and season with the sea salt and pepper.
- Finally top with the slices of tomato, each slice overlapping the other.
- Sprinkle with a few thyme leaves.
- Fold the edges of the dough in bit by bit, using your fingers to press it together if it cracks.
- Transfer galette onto baking tray and bake for 20-25 mins.
- Do not over bake as dough may become ‘crunchy’.
- Once cooked, sprinkle fresh thyme leaves over galette and cut into wedges. Serve hot.
- Optional: drizzle gluten free balsamic vinegar over galette.