Spinach and Mushroom Bake
- 500 grams ORGRAN pasta spirals of choice (e.g buckwheat and quinoa)
- 200 grams finely chopped silver beet spinach
- 200 grams button mushrooms
- 200 grams grated cheese, dairy or vegan
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large brown onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons rice flour
- 200 milliliters milk of choice
- fresh basil leaves
- sea salt / freshly ground pepper
- Preheat oven 180C fan forced.
- Boil the pasta according to packet instructions, until al dente.
- In a large and deep pan add the olive oil, onions and mushrooms. Sauté for 2 mins stirring occasionally and do not allow them to brown.
- Add the garlic and spinach and further sauté for 2 mins.
- In the meantime, in a small bowl combine the rice flour and milk and whisk until combined.
- Turn off heat and add the pasta and cheese. Combine well and then pour all over the milk mixture. Season with sea salt and pepper.
- Pour into an oiled baking dish and cover with baking paper or foil. Bake for 15 mins then bake uncovered for a further 10 mins. Serve immediately and garnish with fresh basil leaves.