- Prep Time: 20m
- Cook Time: 45m
- Total Time: 1h 5m
Bean Salsa Sauce
- 400 grams red kidney beans, drained and roughly mashed
- 400 grams corn kernels, drained and washed
- 400 grams crushed tomatoes
- 400 grams napolitana sauce
- 1 red capsicum, diced
- 1 large brown onion, diced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli flakes or chilli powder
- 1/4 cup pitted black olives, thinly sliced (optional)
- 1 cup water
- salt & pepper, to taste
Cheesy Bean Sauce
- 400 grams cannellini beans
- 1 cup shredded cheese (or vegan cheese, for vegan alternative)
- 2 cups milk (or soy milk, for vegan alternative)
- 4 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 avocado, diced or sliced
- 1/4 cup pitted black olives, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chives, chopped
- basil leaves
- 20 milliliters lime juice
- 1 tomato, cut into thick slices
- 2 packets ORGRAN Lasagna Mini Sheets
- Preheat oven to 180C fan forced.
- To make the cheesy sauce, add the cannellini beans, milk, nutritional yeast, olive oil and nutmeg into a food processor and pulse until smooth. Place in a pot and simmer over low heat until ‘melted’. Take off stove and add the cheese. Combine well. Set aside.
To make the bean sauce, add the olive oil, onion and capsicum to a deep pot and over a medium heat sauté for a few minutes. Add the beans, corn, garlic, cumin, paprika, chilli, olives and seasoning and stir combining all ingredients well. Simmer for a minute.
- Add the crushed tomatoes, sugo and water and over high heat bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 mins, stirring occasionally.
- To assemble lasagna pour bean salsa sauce onto the bottom of the dish. Follow with a layer of pasta sheets, overlapping each sheet. Finally top with a thin layer of cheese sauce. Repeat by then again a layer of salsa sauce, pasta sheets and cheese sauce and again salsa sauce, pasta sheets and cheesy sauce. Finally add the last salsa sauce.
- Decorate the top of the lasagna with the slices of tomatoes and a drizzle of olive oil.
- Bake in the oven for 45 mins or until top is browning and corners are bubbling. Check that the pasta has cooked by poking a fork in it and it comes out easily.
- Allow to sit for 15 mins before serving. Serve each piece with slices of avocado, a sprinkling of chives, basil leaves and fresh olives and a squeeze of lime juice.