Buckwheat & Coconut Pancakes
1 x 375 packet Orgran Buckwheat Pancake Mix
¼ cup coconut flour
¼ cup desiccated coconut
70g soft butter
1 x 375g can coconut flavoured evaporated milk
3 Tbsp maple syrup
¼ tsp bicarbonate of soda
1 Tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp finely grated lemon rind
3 Tbsp canola oil
½ tsp vanilla
1. Place all the ingredients into the bowl of an electric blender. Blend until ingredients are well combined.
2. If using an electric pancake cooker, cook pancakes according to the manufacturer’s instructions. If using an electric frypan, heat to 160°C (325°F). (Point No 5-6 on a dial of 1-10.) Pan will cook pancakes more evenly if it is seasoned first. This is done by melting 1 teaspoon of butter in pan. Spread butter over base of pan. Heat until butter is golden brown. Using paper towel, wipe butter from pan.
3. Spray pan with cooking spray.
4. Place 2 tablespoons of mixture into pan for each pancake.
5. Cook until bubbles appear on the surface. Turn and cook on reverse side until golden brown.
6. Place plastic wrap over a fine wire rack. When cooked, remove pancakes from frypan and place onto wire rack. Cover with plastic wrap to prevent drying out.