Buckwheat & Coconut Pancakes
- 1 x 375 packet Orgran Buckwheat Pancake Mix
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- ¼ cup desiccated coconut
- 3 eggs
- 70g soft butter
- 1 x 375g can coconut flavoured evaporated milk
- 3 Tbsp maple syrup
- ¼ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp finely grated lemon rind
- 3 Tbsp canola oil
- ½ tsp vanilla
- Place all the ingredients into the bowl of an electric blender.
- Blend until ingredients are well combined.
- If using an electric pancake cooker, cook pancakes according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- If using an electric frypan, heat to 160°C (325°F). (Point No 5-6 on a dial of 1-10.)
- Pan will cook pancakes more evenly if it is seasoned first.
- This is done by melting 1 teaspoon of butter in pan.
- Spread butter over base of pan. Heat until butter is golden brown.
- Using paper towel, wipe butter from pan.
- 3. Spray pan with cooking spray.
- Place 2 tablespoons of mixture into pan for each pancake.
- Cook until bubbles appear on the surface. Turn and cook on reverse side until golden brown.
- Place plastic wrap over a fine wire rack. When cooked, remove pancakes from frypan and place onto wire rack.
- Cover with plastic wrap to prevent drying out.