Raspberry Kombutcha Choc Chip Muffins
- 1/4 cup arrowroot flour
- 1 tblsp baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 x Orgran No Egg Replacer
- 1/2 cup 85% dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- 2/3 cup frozen raspberries, plus extra for topping
- 1 1/4 cups Sorghum flour
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1/3 Kombucha, Raspberry Lemonade flavour
- 2/3 cup almond milk
- Preheat oven to 180C, and grease or line a 12 hole muffin pan with moulds/baking paper.
- In a small bowl, prepare your \’egg\’ – 2 tsp No Egg Replacer with 2 tblsp water. Whisk in the milk and kombucha, and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine sorghum, almond and arrowroot flours, along with the baking powder and cinnamon. Add chopped chocolate and briefly stir.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry, and stir until just combined – do not overstir! Carefully fold through frozen raspberries until just combined.
- Spoon the batter into your prepared muffin moulds, filling them about 3/4 full. Top each muffin with some of the extra raspberries.
- Put the tray in the oven, and bake for around 15 – 20 minutes, until a metal skewer comes out mostly clean and the muffins are risen and tops slightly golden.
- Remove from oven and let the muffins cool for another 15 minutes, before removing from the tray onto a wire cooling rack and allowing them to cool completely.