Olive Oil Orange Cake
- Prep Time: 15m
- Cook Time: 1h
- Total Time: 1h 15m
- Yield: 12 pieces
- 250 grams ORGRAN All Purpose Plain Flour
- 1 cup caster sugar (or sugar of choice)
- 2 oranges
- 100 milliliters
- light olive oil
- 1/4 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 teaspoons ORGRAN No Egg™, Egg Replacer
- 120 milliliters water
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil (completely cooled down)
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- Preheat the oven to 170°C fan forced. Using olive oil, brush inside of a bundt cake tin.
- Wash both the oranges and cut off the top and bottom of both. Only peel one orange (leave the peel on the second one as this will be included in the cake mixture). Cut both oranges into small diced pieces and place them into a food processor. Blitz them until they are smooth. Add the olive oil and pulse to combine.
- In a separate bowl add the egg replacer and water and whisk until combined and smooth. Add sugar to the egg replacer mixture and whisk for a few mins until sugar and ‘egg’ mixture have combined well.
- Add the ‘egg’ mixture to the food processor with the orange mixture and pulse to combine. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl combine the flour, baking powder and baking soda. Make a well in the centre and slowly pour the orange mixture and desiccated coconut into the bowl with the flour and using a wooden spoon mix well to form a wet dough.
- Pour into the bundt cake tin and tap it onto the bench to make sure the dough is spread evenly.
- Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour, checking half way through.
- When cake is cooked, transfer to a wire rack and cool completely.
- Make the orange icing by whisking all ingredients. Pour icing over cake. Serve on its own or with vegan vanilla ice cream.
- Optional: Using a small hole grater, grate the peel of the orange. Use this orange zest to garnish the orange icing.