Olive Oil Orange Cake
- 250 grams ORGRAN All Purpose Plain Flour
- 1 cup caster sugar (or sugar of choice)
- 2 oranges
- 100 milliliters
- light olive oil
- 1/4 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 teaspoons ORGRAN No Egg™, Egg Replacer
- 120 milliliters water
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil (cooled down)
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- Preheat the oven to 170°C fan forced. Using olive oil, brush inside of a bundt cake tin.
- Wash both the oranges and cut off the top and bottom of both.
- Only peel one orange (leave the peel on the second one as this will be included in the cake mixture).
- Cut both oranges into small diced pieces and place them into a food processor., blitz them until they are smooth.
- Add the olive oil and pulse to combine.
- In a separate bowl add the egg replacer and water and whisk until combined and smooth.
- Add sugar to the egg replacer mixture and whisk for a few mins until sugar and ‘egg’ mixture have combined well.
- Add the ‘egg’ mixture to the food processor with the orange mixture and pulse to combine, set aside.
- In a separate bowl combine the flour, baking powder and baking soda.
- Make a well in the centre and slowly pour the orange mixture and desiccated coconut into the bowl with the flour and using a wooden spoon mix well to form a wet dough.
- Pour into the bundt cake tin and tap it onto the bench to make sure the dough is spread evenly.
- Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour, checking half way through.
- When cake is cooked, transfer to a wire rack and cool completely.
- Make the orange icing by whisking all ingredients.
- Pour icing over cake.
- Serve on its own or with vegan vanilla ice cream.
- Optional: Using a small hole grater, grate the peel of the orange.
- Use this orange zest to garnish the orange icing.