No Egg™ Meringue
- Prep Time: 11m
- Cook Time: 2h
- 1/2 cup ORGRAN No Egg™, Egg Replacer
- 1/2 teaspoon liquid citrus pectin (recipe on website, search citric pectin) or pectin powder or carrageenan
- 1 cup water, ice cold
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 3/4 cup pure icing sugar
- 1 tablespoon soft brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 120°C. Blend 90g (3.2oz) ORGRAN No Egg with ½ tsp (roughly 0.1oz) pectin together thoroughly in a small bowl. Transfer to a mixing bowl and add 250mL (8.45oz) cold water. Mix on high speed for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, continue beating but slowly add 5mL (1tsp) vanilla essense, 125g (4.4oz) icing sugar and 1tbs (0.5oz) soft brown sugar.
- Continue mixing on high speed for a further 10 minutes.
- Spoon or pipe mixture onto lined oven tray and bake for 2 hours. After 2 hours, turn off the oven but do not open the door and allow the meringues to dry out until cool.
- *Please note that the meringue mixture is suited to making smaller meringues. The larger the size of the meringue being made, the greater difficulty you will have in drying out the centre of the meringue.