No Egg™ Meringue
- 1/2 cup ORGRAN No Egg™, Egg Replacer
- 1/2 teaspoon liquid citrus pectin (recipe on website, search citric pectin) or pectin powder or carrageenan
- 1 cup water, ice cold
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 3/4 cup pure icing sugar
- 1 tablespoon soft brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 120°C. Blend 90g (3.2oz) ORGRAN No Egg with ½ tsp (roughly 0.1oz) pectin together thoroughly in a small bowl.
- Transfer to a mixing bowl and add 250mL (8.45oz) cold water.
- Mix on high speed for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, continue beating but slowly add 5mL (1tsp) vanilla essense, 125g (4.4oz) icing sugar and 1tbs (0.5oz) soft brown sugar.
- Continue mixing on high speed for a further 10 minutes.
- Spoon or pipe mixture onto lined oven tray and bake for 2 hours.
- After 2 hours, turn off the oven but do not open the door and allow the meringues to dry out until cool.
- *Please note that the meringue mixture is suited to making smaller meringues.
- The larger the size of the meringue being made, the greater difficulty you will have in drying out the centre of the meringue.