No-Egg Chocolate Brownies
- 30 g butter
- 2 tsp boiling water
- 1 cup icing sugar
- ¼ cup cocoa
- ¼ cup coconut, to sprinkle on top
Method to make the brownies
- Preheat oven to 160°C.
- Prepare a 25cm x 20cm (10” x 8”) slice tray by spraying with cooking spray.
- Line base of tray with baking paper.
- Place flour, cocoa, coconut, No-Egg and brown sugar into the bowl of an electric mixer.
- Mix until ingredients are well combined. Add butter and mix until well combined.
- Place golden syrup into a small microwave-safe bowl.
- Microwave on medium-high for 30 seconds. Add vanilla and stir well.
- Pour into mixer. Mix until mixture is well combined.
- Press mixture into prepared tray.
- Place tray into a moderate oven and bake for approx. 30 minutes or until slice is cooked when tested.
Method to make chocolate icing
- Place butter and water into a small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high for 30 seconds and stir.
- Sift icing sugar and cocoa into a medium-sized bowl. Pour in butter and water and stir well.
- Spread chocolate icing over slices when slices come out of oven.
- Sprinkle with coconut.
- Allow to cool. Cut into squares.