Lemon & Poppyseed Waffles
These lemon and poppy seed waffles are made using the Orgran buckwheat pancake mix – a delicious wholegrain mix with no added sugar, so they are super wholesome to make and allergen friendly: hello easy school and work lunch treats! Top with your choice of fresh fruits, honey or syrup and enjoy.
Time: 25 minutes total
Makes: 8 medium waffles
- 1 box orgran buckwheat pancake mix
- 1/3 cup of poppy seeds
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 450ml of water
- 60ml of oil of your choice
- Oil for frying
- Toppings such as coconut yogurt, coconut cream, maple syrup, honey and fresh fruits
- In your mixing bowl add in all your dry ingredients and mix.
- Add in the wet ingredients and combine until smooth.
- Heat your waffle machine with some oil or butter.
- Scoop 1/3 of a cup of the batter into your waffle machine and cook until for 3-4 minutes until slightly golden.
- Repeat with the remaining batter. Serve your lemon poppy seed waffles warm with your favorite toppings. Save the left-over waffles to pack for work or school lunches and enjoy with your favorite jams and spreads.