Easy Apple and Banana Loaf
- 260 grams ORGRAN gluten free plain flour (twice sifted)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 large overripe bananas, mashed (plus 1 banana for decorating)
- 1 large green apple grated
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 200 milliliters milk or non dairy milk
- 3 tbs organic vegetable oil
- 1 egg or ORGRAN No Egg, Egg replacer
- 3 tbs honey
- Preheat oven 170C.
- Line a loaf pan with baking paper.
- Combine in a bowl all wet ingredients.
- Combine in a large bowl all dry ingredients.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and pour the wet ingredients into it. Combine well.
- Transfer to a lined loaf pan.
- Cut extra banana in long strips and place onto mixture.
- Optional: sprinkle with gluten free oats for decorating.
- Bake in oven for 50 minutes – check with a skewer if cooked through.
- Cool on wire rack placing a sheet of baking paper over loaf to keep moist.
- Serve slices with a generous drizzle of agave or maple syrup and slices of fresh strawberries and blueberries.
- Note: Cut loaf in thick slices before placing leftovers in the fridge.
- To moisten slices again microwave each slice for a minute.