- 100g coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp desiccated coconut
- 50g coconut flour
- 110g Orgran Self-Raising flour
- Pinch of salt
- 40g pitted dates
- 2 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 20g apple puree
- 30ml filtered water / almond milk
- Preheat the oven to 180°C then line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Always be prepared and weigh out all the ingredients before starting.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer with a paddle attachment combine coconut oil and coconut sugar.
- Mix on high for 1 minute then add purée and water/almond milk.
- Continue to mix for another 30 seconds.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix on the lowest setting to combine all the ingredients, for 1 minute. [ This should give you a cookie dough consistency, if it’s too wet – add a teaspoon at a time of Orgran Self-Raising flour, alternatively if it’s too dry – add dashes of water until you’re happy with the dough)
- Using a tablespoon, scoop up a heaped spoonful and roll into a ball with your hands.
- Place it on the baking sheet and lightly push down with the back of a fork.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until golden brown.
- These will be soft and chewy once they’ve cooled!