- 375 g butter
- 185 g gluten free icing sugar, sifted
- ½ tsp vanilla essence
- 2 tbls honey
- 1 tbls whisky
- 500 g Orgran All Purpose Plain Flour
- Preheat oven to 150°C (300°F).
- Prepare 2 flat oven trays by spraying with cooking spray. Line base of trays with baking paper.
- Cream butter, icing sugar, vanilla, honey and whisky.
- Sift flour and add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured (gluten free) board and knead lightly. Divide dough in half. Wrap one half dough securely in plastic to prevent drying out.
- Roll half the dough to approx. 0.5cm thickness.
- Using a star shaped cutter dipped in flour, cut out stars.
- Carefully lift stars onto prepared tray.
- Roll out remaining dough and cut out stars. Place onto prepared tray.
- Place into a moderately slow oven.
- Bake for approx. 20 minutes or until cooked. Take care not to overcook.
- When cooked, remove from oven and leave on trays for 2 minutes.
- When cold, store shortbread in an airtight container.